You can listen to the full post below here, or read on:
As part of our work as Strategic Producers for Marikiscrycrycry on their new show GONER, we are pleased to offer 2 mentoring bursaries to early career producers working in/with a significant interest in experimental dance and live art.
There is a chronic lack of producers working in the sector, but particularly in these forms. We hope to be able to support 2 people to develop their practice through offering our time as a sound board, advice, skill-sharing and resources.
-Mentoring from Ash and Laura at The Uncultured across 4 x 1 hour sessions, plus any in-between quick fire questions
-Creating a plan across the sessions to reach a goal, or learn about a specific area of producing
-Bursary of £350 to cover your time
1. You must be a producer with at least one year of experience, and you should define yourself as Early Career.
2. You can be based anywhere in England. Mentoring sessions will be held over zoom between March - May 2023 at times mutually agreed.
3. You will be working in experimental dance or live art already, or have a significant interest in working in this area in your future practice.
4. Marikiscrycrycry and The Uncultured want to ensure this opportunity is accessible to Black producers who are currently underrepresented in this area of the sector. Therefore, one of these bursaries is held for a Black producer. On the short application form, you will be asked to self-identify if this applies to you.
5. If you don’t know who we are, please take a look at our website the-uncultured.com and check that you’d want to spend time with us!
How to apply
Please fill in this very short Google form to apply, so we can double check you meet the above application criteria. You will be asked to share a link to your website, to your CV or list some of the artists/projects you have worked on.
If you don’t already work in experimental dance or live art, you will be asked to include a short paragraph on why you want to move into this area and name a few artists whose work you are interested in.
Applicants who meet the above criteria will have a number assigned to their application which will be put into a number generator and randomly selected. Because of this random selection process we will be unable to offer feedback.
Deadline for applications is 20th February 2023 at 5pm. Late submissions will not be entered.